If you are like me, you don’t know who to believe anymore. We look to our leaders, trusted advisors, medical professionals, and others for real guidance on how best to protect ourselves against the Coronavirus. Frankly, the amount of mis-statements, misinformation, and continual ”clarifications” cause more confusion than clarification.
Who do we believe? Who can we put our faith in? Who can we trust? Who can show us consistently by their actions and facts the best way to protect ourselves from Covid19? Is it safe to go to work, to restaurants, to church? All of these questions leave us wondering where to turn and how to take personal responsibility for protecting ourselves, our families, and any vulnerable people around us.
Admittedly I woke this morning wondering when all the anxiety will end. How will it end? Who will declare it is over? How will we really know given all the mistrust out there?
My thoughts turned to these verses.
The Armor of God Eph 6:10-18
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
What I took from this is:
1) I need to protect myself so I can protect others.
2) I have to keep healthy in the event I need to care for others
3) With all the warfare happening in the background we are unaware of or can’t see, we are exposed to being blindsided from something we really don’t know anything about
4) I have to keep myself informed and discern who is trustworthy and who isn’t by their deeds, and the facts around me
5) I NEED TO BE READY, to have my feet fitted for conversations with people about how I perceive things and how my faith affects my responses
6) I need to stand for what I know is true
7) I need to pray for other people who don’t know where to turn, or how to turn, or when to turn
8) I need to resist the temptation to close in the circle around me, and ignore those that need help
9) I need to take personal responsibility to lead those around me in the way I believe would reflect God’s glory, pray, and have faith God has my back anyway that is needed
So for now, I will where a mask where I need in order to protect myself, those around me, and those that don’t know otherwise.
#covid19 #coronavirus #protection #pandemic #coronavirusprotection #mask #facemask #prayer #bibleverse #face